We offer insurance for groups, families and individuals that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Long-Term Care, and Life Insurance.
An individual health insurance policy is a medical plan for individuals. You may be a single parent needing affordable health insurance for yourself or just for your children. You may need family health insurance if you do not have group health insurance available from your employer You may be a student looking for a low cost - high deductible plan. Individual health insurance plans are also used as an alternative to the more costly COBRA options that you may have from an ex-employer. Early retirees also use an individual health insurance or family health insurance policy as a bridge to eligibility to Medicare.
Group health insurance is offered to business owners and small group employers with as few as X employees. Also available to group plans as well as individuals, dental and vision insurance provide an additional employee benefit.
TriSummit insurance provides insurance services for specific eye care and eyewear benefits from the top vision insurance providers. Whether you want a comprehensive eye exam, eyeglasses, contact lenses, or laser eye surgery, TriSummit Insurance can help you to take advantage of your vision insurance benefits.
TriSummit also offers comprehensive dental insurance to employers and individuals. Learn what you need to know about dental insurance, with information on dental insurance plans and the types of treatments that are covered.
In addition to our primary health coverage TriSummit Insurance offers Disability, Long-Term Care, and Life Insurance.
Long Term Care Insurance policies should be on the minds of many people, in particular those close to retiring and those who will need to take care of loved ones over a long period of time. Long Term Health Care Insurance protects you, as well as those you love, in the event that extended health care is needed in your lifetime.
Disability income can help protect your most valuable asset, your ability to earn a living. Disability income insurance provides a monthly benefit for loss of income because of covered injuries or illnesses. After a predetermined time period, it typically pays a percentage of your income for as long as you're disabled, under your contract.
Life insurance has long been a staple in basic estate planning. The financial consequences of death can be devastating. Without life insurance, surviving dependents can suffer extreme financial hardship as a result of an individual's death. There exists the possible loss of future income as well as a number of sudden expenses that occur as a result of death.
California Life Insurance Rights and Regulations
The insurance claims procedures and policy requirements for the benefit and protection of you, the consumer.
- California law guarantees consumers a "free look" period of at least 10 days on which to decline any life or health policy for a full refund. Many companies will even allow 30. The time limit will be stated on you policy.
- Claims procedures will also vary from company to company in California. However, all valid claims should be settled within 30 days of receiving proof of death. California law holds that after this time, the death benefit proceeds should begin accruing interest.
- Finally, California requires insurance companies to allow you a grace period of 30 days in which to pay an overdue premium without the risk of policy cancellation.
- However, California law extends some protections to insurers, too. Generally, while accidental death is covered from the effective date (subject to any policy limitations), suicide is not covered during the first two years, and any such claim will result only in a refund of premiums.
- Misrepresenting yourself on the policy or application can also legally result in denial of coverage. Premiums paid may or may not be returned based on the terms and conditions of the policy.